- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 19 Mar 19
We are looking to add a Portfolio Associate to our London based team. The Portfolio Associate is based on the Trade Floor and supports the European Rates Desk and Generalist Team. The Portfolio Associate must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management, Account Management and Compliance teams in the firm’s Global Offices. The role frequently interacts with Account Management, Product Management, Legal and Compliance and Operations.
The Portfolio Associate will work closely with the Portfolio Managers.
• Generating trades for flow hedging, cash management and restructurings
• Generating trade execution studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and benchmarks
• Portfolio summaries
• Portfolio monitoring
• Performance and attribution analysis in addition to other requested analytics
• Building of new reports for risk monitoring
• Monitoring client portfolio positioning versus client guidelines and internal risk limitations
• Re-balancing of portfolios to model/target weights
• Ensuring pre- and post-trade compliance for client mandates
• Working with traders to roll the firmwide EUREX Futures book and Interest Rate Swap book
• Advanced abilities with Excel and Bloomberg essential. Ability to program in one or more language(s) would be of advantage.
• Proficient in VBA, SQL, Python
o Able to write VBA macros
o Able to write queries with multiple levels
• Strong technical skills in Fixed Income
• Ability to interact and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers and across departments
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
• Outstanding analytical skills with strong problem solving skills
• Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment and to deliver towards tight deadlines
• Degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university or equivalent experience.