PeopleSoft Developer - Financials and/or HCMS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 21 Apr 19
PeopleSoft Developer - Financials and/or HCMS
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA Consulting is one of the UK's premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA's Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA's business software portfolio.
Working as part of a team of Business and Group Systems specialists, you will deliver both change and support for PA's Oracle PeopleSoft applications that are currently used for HR (v9.2) and Financials (v9.2) functions. You will have responsibility to ensure that the applications are functional, accessible, well-structured and in line with corporate design standards.
This role will also be required to deliver change and support for additional PeopleSoft modules that will be used for all of PA's commercial management which will be implement in the next two years.
• Deliver solutions to meet the business requirements identified by the project teams
• Create reusable elements of software or extension of existing elements for example developing customisations using PeopleTools v8.56
• Design and deliver creative solutions which encourages extension and reuse
• Develop high quality code through own understanding of and desire to achieve high quality outputs. Be comfortable working to an agreed set of development standards
• Understand and apply sound unit testing approaches to all software developed
• Apply sound knowledge of management of source code and managing the release of both configuration and code using recognised Oracle PeopleSoft tools
• Actively maintain own knowledge of new and upcoming technologies and of software engineering best practice
• Effective communication with the stakeholders to develop solutions the business needs (this may include prototyping with users)
• Understanding and preferably proven track record in the application of software engineering best practice
• Good understanding and experience of object oriented analysis and design techniques
• Development experience in:
o Oracle PeopleSoft HCMS v9.1 and/or
o Oracle PeopleSoft Financials v9.2
o Oracle PeopleTools v8.54 and above
• Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology
• Customer focused
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative
If you are a PeopleSoft specialist looking for a new challenge, then this opportunity is worth considering. Use the link below to register your interest via PA's Career website.
About PA Consulting Group
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.