Operational Risk and Controls
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 13 Mar 19
Our client is a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate administration services.
- Contributing to the development & production of the monthly First Line of Defence Risk Report for the Client Services & Group Services Risk Committee.
- Provision of FLOD Reporting to the quarterly regulated Board(s).
- Contribute to the Identification, design & maintenance of Key Risk Indicators.
- Provide insight and trend analysis on Risk MI to identify emerging issues.
- Responsible for the analysis of regional risk MI and metrics used to inform decision making.
- Secretariat for the regional Risk Escalation Forum.
- Issue Management governance – including the timely recording of new issues, action plans, action updates and issue closures on the Ops Risk Control system.
- Supporting issue and action owners in the business to close control gaps and issues on a timely and robust basis.
- Promote a risk aware culture in the First Line of Defence that supports the pro-active identification and management of risks faced by the business.
- Support the roll out of the First Line control testing methodology and framework to the region
- Support the Controls Framework Manager in the completion of controls testing in the region
- Document required control test results, engaging key stakeholders as part of test approval
- Execution of regional control testing
- Identify opportunities for self-testing (on-team testing) and support introduction
- Perform control adequacy and effectiveness assessments following the completion of testing, considering read across opportunities where required.
- Complete local risk reviews as required and input into cross jurisdiction reviews, under the direction of the global Risk Response Director
- Support regional risk escalation process, promoting quality submissions and advising the business teams on risk mitigations and strategies
- Support regional incident, breaches, errors, oversight processes and ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Actively support the Head of First Line Risk in the implementation of the risk framework and the management of risk in the First Line of Defence.
- Experience in the financial services industry, either in a fund administration or risk and control role
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage and build relationships at all levels, including senior management.
- Experience of operating within a Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Framework (desirable)
- Proven track record of operating successfully within a global financial organisation.