- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 Mar 19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Italian Channel Marketing Manager is a key role, serving as the channel marketing expert assisting the Italian relationship group to expand and deepen relationship with clients and prospects. This role will report to the Head of EMEA Marketing. You will act as a business partner and proactively lead the development, direction and execution of the channel marketing strategy to position and promote the firm's reputation, branding and investment capabilities and products in the Italian region. You will be responsible for creating effective and inspirational marketing activities and will be managing those utilising the full marketing mix.
As a business partner working in close collaboration with our internal partners, the Italian Channel Marketing Manager will work with the marketing team to build, drive and implement plans to improve awareness of our business and our investment capabilities and ensure they remain top of mind in the region. They will also preempt the needs of the channels - developing a fresh content and communications strategy in response to their evolving needs and the market environment.
The candidate is expected to bring extensive regional knowledge and experience in working with different investor types, various investment strategies and multiple marketing disciplines, including product positioning for buyers in the region, PR & communications, campaign development, thought leadership, and insight development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and execution of marketing plans to both improve awareness and adoption of our capabilities and products across the Italian region; specifically with financial intermediaries, retail, pension schemes, institutional consultants and family offices.
• Leverage internal and external sources to gather product, channel and competitor insights with the goal of providing recommendations to drive distribution and market share.
• Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends and industry developments specific to the business area.
• Create targeted messaging outreach to support the business and continually build the brand utilising the full marketing mix: content, digital, email, events, PR and media.
• Demonstrate initiative and creativity in proactively recommending and implementing marketing solutions.
• Analyse costs impacting marketing decisions and other related issues to develop cost effective solutions to reach specific audiences.
• Present marketing measurement results to marketing and business management. Monitor consistency of agreed upon tracking methodology. Understand parameters of a successful campaign, relevant analytics, and ensure desired results are measurable and tell a compelling story.
• Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to senior management to obtain input and buy-in. Provide written and verbal communication to many different audiences on status of marketing efforts.
• Work with PR/corporate communications to ensure channel alignment and implementation of messages in a timely and effective manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Extensive experience in institutional and/or intermediary marketing within the investment management industry, a portion of which should include direct management, development, and execution of marketing communication plans and initiatives.
• Demonstrated success developing Italian channel marketing initiatives that increase brand awareness and sales.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Exceptional project management/organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, be consistently responsive, and manage changing priorities while meeting often strict deadlines
• Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with creative teams, senior executives, internal business partners, external clients and external vendors
• Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity; continuously seek out ways to improve upon and elevate effective marketing communications, such as employing technology to leverage resources that reflect and extend the Wellington standard and deliver a high return on investment for the firm
• Passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment
• Experience of working as a part of a global team where team members are based in multiple global offices
• Understanding of the marketplace - Including regulatory and legislative landscape
• Fluent in Italian essential - spoken and written.
• Other European languages advantageous.
• Knowledge of UCITS and local fund ranges marketing rules across Europe.
• Knowledge of retail marketing and fund categories in EMEA.
Mkt Srvcs - Seminars & Prog
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .