This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's market-leading Post Merger Integration (PMI) team. You will develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will multiply your career options. Benefiting from client exposure and learning from the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex and high profile deals in the UK and internationally.
Our team is a growing group of over 100 London-based professionals who provide integration and separation expertise to corporate organisations, Private Equity houses and banks. Widely recognised as the most experienced, dedicated integration and separation team in EMEA, we support transactions across all industry sectors. We have worked on over 500 of the largest and most complex integrations, separations and joint ventures over the last 10 years.
Our extensive experience, first hand insights and tried and tested methodologies give us a distinct advantage to serve a very diverse range of client needs. Our team of highly skilled business professionals with cross-border implementation experience and wide ranging language skills is looking for candidates motivated to work on the headline grabbing transactions of tomorrow.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your role will be to provide integration and separation expertise to corporate organisations, private equity houses and financial institutions. You will deliver services ranging from the development of integration or separation strategies to day 1 planning and post-deal implementation programme delivery. You will support transactions across all industry sectors.
• Lead Programme Management Office support on our engagements under the supervision of the engagement lead
• Lead workstreams or part of workstream to fulfil their programme objectives and deliverables
• Engage with colleagues and client senior management to drive the completion of actions, management of risks and issues and facilitation of decision making
• Support the development of key transaction documents e.g. Transitional Service Agreements, executive board reports and papers addressing certain strategic issues
• Consolidate your expertise in reporting to senior executives by supporting the facilitation of client workshops, benefits tracking, change control and stakeholder management.
• Develop your consulting skills in strategic thinking, programme and change management
• Contribute to practice and business development activities e.g. through the development of thought leadership material and/or sales materials
• Promote a professional attitude to all aspects of internal and client delivery
• Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution and also have fun
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with frequent domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
• Previous programme management experience on complex/large projects, ideally from a leading corporate institution or consulting firm © 2020 Deloitte LLP. Deloitte LLP is an equal opportunities employer.
• Ability to hold professional conversations, potentially with difficult or sensitive respondents (e.g. competitors) and ability to extract key messages and implications
• Excellent financial and analytical skills
• Natural aptitude to problem solving
• Capability to coach more junior staff in delivering analytical work
• Experience of operating with senior level stakeholders
• Articulate communication and confident presentation skills
• Exceptional academic background
• Proficiency with MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Full travel mobility
• Analysis of business models and development of target operating models
• Experience of change management and transformation initiatives e.g. Technology or business process changes
• Previous experience in working with client teams to design strategies for integration or separation projects
• Familiar with the M&A process / transaction lifecycle / deal process and various parties within it
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178793