Lead Engineer (C#) - Finance - London
- GBP75000 - GBP85000 per annum + Annual Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 19
My client is a leading financial services software provider and they have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join their development team. The role will be an integral part of their development team as well helping grow and change the current technology division
Lead Engineer (C#) - Finance - London
Key Skills - C#, SQL, ASP.NET, WInforms, TDD, CI, CD, Agile/Lean, Retail Banking, Mortgages, Open source
My client is a leading financial services software provider and they have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join their development team. The role will be an integral part of their development team as well helping grow and change the current technology division.
As a Team Lead you will
- Work with the Product team to understand upcoming workload of delivery teams work and their customer needs and what the impacts on your work might be.
- Be accountable for all aspects of your team delivering product change.
- Assess your teams' knowledge and plan development/sharing activities to mitigate risk of key-person dependencies.
As an Engineering leader you should
- Be an advocate for effective engineering. We aim to use good Engineering to:
- Reduce unnecessary variance across our customers (good versioning and extensibility strategies).
- Reduce the cycle time from an idea to value in our customers hands (including embracing automation and CD pipelines).
- Shorten feedback loops to improve quality (testing / validation / verification).
- Create better operability (service / support / monitoring / alerting / observability).
As a hands-on Engineer you should
- Understand the problem that we are trying to solve by collaborating with Product Analysts, QAs and delivery team members in documenting story aims and acceptance criteria.
- Work with the appropriate Engineering Head(s)/Principal(s) to design the best way of implementing the change in our product.
- Advance the code-base safely by utilising the best (successful), appropriate practices and techniques such as software craft, TDD, pairing/mobbing, refactoring.
- Ensure we only add features in a way that is safe (meaning secure, performant, robust, scalable and minimising regressions).
- Verify that any solution we implement works in the way we expect by carrying out an appropriate amount of testing (a combination of automated. feature/component/integration/acceptance testing and manual exploratory testing).
- Support any changes as required - through verification and integration with the customer delivery teams, and with the support team in production.
- Be aware of, research, qualify, test and trial new technologies - whilst ensuring innovation is responsibly sustainable.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Expert level knowledge of systems built in the Microsoft/.Net stack (C#, SQL, ASP.NET, Winforms).
- Track record of managing, empowering and facilitating product development teams (employing agile/lean approaches is a bonus).
- Expertise of the Retail Banking domain.
- Experience of delivering libraries or frameworks for use by others (whether commercially or open-source) would also be a big plus.
- Appropriate use of TDD, CI/CD practices, tools and technologies.
If you feel as though you have the right skill set for the position, please get in touch on 0207 997 1116 or email@example.com.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/privacy-policy. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.