- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Junior Software Developer
Junior Software DeveloperTeam Overview
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that is managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we have grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Business Management team prides itself on constantly pushing the boundaries of what the latest technologies can do for Schroders. We're an open, collaborative group of motivated individuals that value good ideas and give every member of the team an opportunity to shape how we build our applications. The environment is dynamic, fast paced and soon to be based at our new world-class headquarters. Our culture is far more 'start-up' than 'stale', with the emphasis being on empowering self-managing teams to deliver great technical solutions.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a software engineering position within the Business Management team, which will primarily focus on learning the Business Management Dashboard (BMD) and helping scale the available content by building new sites. The role is specifically aimed at a junior/mid-level software engineer who is looking to build out their full-stack technical knowledge by getting exposure to the latest web-based technologies.
The BMD takes data from across the business and makes it easily accessible to the entire company, with the primary focus being on senior management. The core platform has been built and extended through 2018, however there is still a significant amount business demand to on-board new content and extend the available features.
There will also be the opportunity to get involved with the new Business Management Toolkit (BMT) that we're building through Q3-4 2018 in order to streamline governance and management activities.
• Working closely with the Business Management team to develop new content.
• Agile delivery of stories defined by the Capability Owner to transform business requirements into technical solutions.
• Building out your technical knowledge of the Business Management platforms and learning the latest technologies in order to become an expert in them.
• Technical aptitude with the ability to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
• Pro-active problem solving ability and willingness to challenge the status quo
• Passionate technologist with a solid understanding of software development and engineering best practice
• Experience of Agile delivery and engineering practises would be advantageous
• Exposure / experience with of Angular development would be advantageous
• Any experience with C#.NET or SQL Server would be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience of Object-Oriented principles and design patterns
• Experience of working on responsive projects