Junior Analyst - Fintech
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
Junior analyst within a multi award-winning fin-tech firm.
We are an award-winning boutique financial technology firm that specialise in the design and development of analytical solutions for the asset management space. Since our establishment in 2005 we have earned global recognition in the alternative investment sector, servicing clients with a combined AUM of over 1 Trillion USD.
Our continual efforts to strengthen our already significant presence in the alternative investment space include working with some of the world’s largest asset managers. We provide our clients with innovative solutions and our staff comprises of highly skilled individuals who enrich our process with their in-depth knowledge and experience.
How you will fit in:
We are interested in speaking with a junior analyst with anywhere between 6 months and 1 year of experience; but we will consider exceptional graduates. Candidates should have a background in maths, physics, engineering, computer science, or an advanced degree in a finance or econometrics related field.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and driven with strong problem-solving abilities. The new hire will be working on the quantitative analytics desk closely with the head of department focusing on the creation of our new platform. This work will be both qualitative and quantitative in nature, and as a junior member of the team you may be expected to perform ad-hoc tasks for the desk.
As we continue to grow you will be able to determine the structure of your role within the firm.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Annual performance-based salary reviews.
- Perks and benefits.
- A friendly and collegial environment.
- The ability to learn from experts in the field.
- Full training provided.
- Bachelor’s in mathematics / engineering / physics / computer science. OR an advanced degree in a finance or econometrics related field.
- 6 months to 1-year experience in the financial services sector (exceptional graduates will be considered).
- Experience with Excel and Microsoft Office packages.
- The ability to perfectly communicate in English, specifically the ability present ideas clearly and concisely.
- A basic understanding of the alternative investment space.
Advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge of Excel VBA.
- Some programming language experience (Python, R, C#).
- Experience working with web applications or data vendors.
- A track record of discussing issues with clients.
Please be aware this is an entry level role and applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.