Java / Scala Dev (Application Development) Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The SPG Technology team is responsible for developing and maintaining the core systems that process risk, positions and trades for the SPG Trading desk. The work of the team involves building applications for risk modelling/analytics, position maintenance, marking, trade capture, bond pricing/valuation and P&L calculations for the traders and desk strategists. In addition, the role involves providing applications and reporting for the various auxiliary functions that support the desk in Europe, such as operations and controllers.
• Working closely with end-users and other members of the team to identify and employ solutions to best support the trading desk
• Engaging end-users to identify new requirements, strategic direction and highlight issues
• Working closely with the global SPG team to identify and employ strategic server-side solutions that best support the needs of the overall team
• Defining and building maintainable processes that provide resilient and stable platforms, which support their critical risk and trade processing requirements
• Integrating new services and providing clean APIs for applications
• Working with other teams and business areas to ensure that the data requirements for risk assessment and trade processing are met
• Understanding volume growth to ensure the systems & infrastructure scale to meet ever-increasing demand
• Strong C++ or Java
• Strong background in developing and deploying software that runs in a real-time, multi-threaded environment
• Fundamental understanding of design patterns
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting problems in a highly complex environment
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, analytical thinker
• Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables in a structured manner
‘Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.’
The salary for this role is competitive. The closing date for this position is the 27th April, 2019.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. * LI-FM1