Java/Murex Developer - with Marketdata Exposure
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 20 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187831BR
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– work as part of an agile development team
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in the Risk and Market data team of the Murex program in IB IT. We the Risk and Market Data team within the Murex program is responsible for the Build and System test of inbound Market data feeds. The stream has significant Java build requirements now and going forwards. The need is to support and extend an existing Java service (Calcurve to Murex Bridge) that connects to Calcurve and transforms the curve data using calls to quant libraries before sending it into Murex.
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming (building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies a plus)
– Familiarity with source code control, Junit testing, continuous integration.
– Understanding or capability to learn Java/scripting calls to Murex APIs (MDCS, MDRS, Trade rep, SPI etc)
– Business/product knowledge covering Interest rates, Cross currency, Securities etc.
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it).
– Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements.
– Willing to learn new areas.
– Someone who can think out of the box.
– Someone who can operate smoothly under moments of high pressure.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.