Investment Strategy / Funds Performance / Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Osmosis Investment Management
- 18 Mar 19
Osmosis is a sustainable asset manager based in the City of London. Established in 2007 we currently manage systematic quantitative portfolios on behalf of Institutions in North America, Europe and the UK. We are a dedicated team who have built the business from inception, developing a proprietary approach to targeting alpha in equity portfolios while simultaneously delivering significant positive, sustainable impacts.
Building on recent successes, we are aiming to scale the business in 2019, and we aim to build out our operational infrastructure, enhance our research process and broaden our marketing and distribution activities.
We are keen to meet focused and driven individuals who can help us achieve our next stage of growth. We have significant ambitions which can only be delivered through a collegiate approach. As such, relevant academic backgrounds and professional experience are as essential as an ability to work well as part of the team.
The Role Key responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day production of analysis and reports
- Build relationships with Front Office, Operations, Finance and the wider organisation to enable the team to work more effectively
- Participation in performance and risk review committees
- Leading and enhancing the investment risk management framework and process.
- Maintaining the investment risk system to deliver portfolio risk and fund data. Work with the investment team developing functionality.
- Regularly review and update procedures and controls for the investment risk function.
- Designing and producing accurate performance & risk reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis on all investments/models/funds as required by the business.
- Provide individual client risk information in a clear and concise manner.
- Production of templates to speed up and automate reports.
- Working with the Investment Team to monitor, analyse, report market and portfolio risk.
- Provide risk commentary for client reports, internal risk / Investment committee meetings and where relevant fund board meetings.
- Member of Risk committee with responsibility for the production of key risk reports and explanations of all investment risk information.
- Build and maintain good knowledge of the company's investment management products and investment processes..
- Developing, overseeing and contributing to the execution of the Portfolio Risk Monitoring Plan
- Primary contact for Investment Managers for ad hoc and non-standard/complex queries relating to portfolio performance & Risk.
- Acting as subject matter expert on all key Portfolio Risk metrics and practices, including performance, benchmark, and statistical data
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills - the ability to present the risk exposure and the appropriate risk management to investment professionals, clients and internal groups
- Understanding of Equities, Swaps & Currency instruments
- Numerical degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics
- Track record of monitoring / measuring risk and performance measurement from an asset manager or pension fund
- Experience of using standard risk systems. Ideally Barra / Bloomberg