Investment Risk Manager
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Investment Risk Manager to join the Group Risk team. Group Investment Risk provide independent oversight and challenge on the appropriateness of the controls and the portfolio exposures in the context of the mandates' objectives and the prevailing market and regulatory environment.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Group Risk function is headed by the Head of Group Risk, who reports directly to the CFO. The function works closely with the other governance functions (Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal) in order to identify risks and provide independent challenge and oversight. The Group Risk function consists of the specialist teams in the following areas:
• Investment Risk
• Enterprise Risk
• Credit Risk
Group Risk resources are based in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
What you'll do
Supporting the Investment Risk oversight for Fixed Income (with opportunity to provide oversight of other areas in time, such as Real Estate)
• Supporting the Investment Risk Manager for Fixed Income, Equity, & Real Estate to quantify, analyse and challenge the Investment Risks run within these asset classes.
• Oversight of the first line, ensuring that risk controls and risk monitoring are fit for purpose, and that issues identified are resolved / escalated in a timely manner.
• Developing risk profiles and controls for new portfolios, and maintaining these for existing portfolios.
• Providing MI reporting and recommendations to Head of Investment Risk, Asset Class Head, Asset Class Risk Committees, and other committees / boards as appropriate.
• Ensuring risk exposures are stress tested in response to changing potential market scenarios.
• Performing ad hoc analysis and thematic reviews across portfolios and strategies to identify; emerging risks, sensitivity to forecast or potential market developments, exposure to particular market segments.
• Remain abreast of changes to the regulatory environment and any potential impact on portfolios.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Graduate or relevant professional qualification
• Comfort with speaking up / providing challenge, whilst simultaneously managing internal relationships
• Clear, logical thinker, able to break down a problem into bite-size components, and plan the required steps of a project to arrive at a solution
• Strong communication skills. Not only verbal, but also an ability to write papers in a clear coherent structure
• Proactive in taking ownership of risk initiatives and engaging with business partners across the company.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.