Institutional Client Businesses - Marketing Manager EMEA - Vice President - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Institutional marketing, which is part of BlackRock’s Global Institutional Client Business (“ICB”), has a content-led marketing approach. We develop integrated campaigns that drive engagement and position BlackRock as a thought leader and solutions provider to target audiences across EMEA. Institutional marketing partners with ICB, Investment teams and the Institutional Product Group to set and deliver relevant and impactful marketing strategies appropriate for each market and client channel including Pension Schemes, Consultants, Insurers and Official Institutions (Sovereign Wealth Funds and Central Banks).
The role is responsible for creating and delivering marketing programmes for our key business priorities across EMEA. Plan tactics include: direct marketing campaigns and thought leadership, third party media partnerships, website content, event and conference implementation, and sales enablement.
The successful candidate will partner with cross-functional teams, including sales, product, operations, digital, communications, events, creative services, and legal and compliance, to deliver programmes on key business priorities and products.
Experience of a delivering a variety of marketing programmes and tactics is a must, and familiarity with the asset management industry is preferable, but the role offers scope to develop in-depth knowledge of Alternatives and Factors through exposure to a wide range of stakeholders, many of whom are leading experts in their field.
- Support EMEA ICB objectives through development of marketing activities that align with our brand and are designed to meet client needs, including the ability to optimize ROI and ascertain the right mix of activities
- Deliver effective, multi-faceted marketing programs that provide a seamless client experience and position BlackRock as the trusted adviser in the institutional marketplace including:
- Plan and execute event and conference sponsorship
- Work with a range of internal stakeholders, including sales teams, creative services, digital marketing, compliance and corporate communications to create and deliver a range of marketing collateral (including print, email, direct mail and web content), advertorials and thought leadership
- Manage, write and edit digital copy on key themes against tight deadlines to deliver compelling marketing content for both internal and external stakeholders
- Participation in industry awards
- Collate and report on campaign metrics, and work with the campaign managers and sales enablement to ensure alignment with ICB objectives and increase sales opportunities
- Lead and champion processes and procedures to help improve the operational efficiency of the EMEA institutional marketing team
- Execute internal sales enablement initiatives and generate interest and excitement around ICB marketing activities and programmes.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years investment/asset management experience; experience in institutional marketing, sales, and/or strategy strongly preferred
- Successful track record of originating and building go-to-market programs that incorporate competitive/marketplace analysis, strategic plans and tactics as well as metrics for return on investment
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about institutional clients, asset management industry, and the markets with the ability to think strategically and analytically and bring breakthrough ideas to the business and Marketing & Communications organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, drive forward key initiatives—at both strategic and tactical levels—and manage workflow on simultaneous projects
- Proven experience interfacing and negotiating with internal and external groups at all levels and across multiple functions, including senior sales managers, corporate executives and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership competencies
- Exceptional influencing and decision-making skills with sound judgment
- Creative and self-motivated; works collaboratively in a high performance team.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment – adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude, strong ethics, team player with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed (5-10% time)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.