- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 14 Dec 18
IT Project Manager # 122322
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
IWM IT EMEA & Regulatory manages IT teams for all businesses operating in the EMEA branches in alignment with country priorities. We ensure consistent IT delivery across all locations and drive IT initiatives in addition to defining and driving the IWM IT regulatory agenda and managing regulatory IT programs across the division.
Role within the highly motivated Portfolio Delivery & Business Management team, which partners with senior IT management and operational leads, both within and outside of the department, to drive the delivery of our Branch strategic initiatives. Our key priorities include fiscal transparency, IT portfolio delivery for the business, compliance & operational stability, project management of more complex initiatives, in addition to implementation of departmental transformation programs and cross-functional task forces needed to deliver on our ambitious efficiency commitments. You will have responsibilities to:
- Manage a portfolio of IT internal transformation initiatives for IT EMEA Branches including such topics as Dev Ops and Robotics implementation. Including some program and project management of specific initiatives.
- As required, be able to project manage or troubleshoot project management of IT delivery initiatives with the business.
- Provide on-site and virtual leadership for other resources within the team - can vary depending on situation. Some line management will be required.
- Handle all implementation aspects of multiple organizational transformation related initiatives to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Assist in dispute, negotiations, arbitration and quality issue resolution, as needed.
- Monitoring staff performance and completing performance reviews.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and manage project, SCRUM and testing resources.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results and mature these capabilities for the organization.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- University degree and/or substantive equivalent IT project management experience, including planning, execution and tracking of projects, working with a multitude of business partners within a cross-functional matrix environment. People with experience of multiple business or IT areas are preferred.
- Experience of working to motivate and influence stakeholders in many different cultures.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and IT organizations.
- Ability to set realistic and practical project delivery goals, moreover be able to develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals, successfully leading projects and programs on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
- Good understanding and experience in project and program management principles, methods and techniques (e.g. SDLC methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC/Waterfall, DevOps, Testing).
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Flexibility, self-motivated, character traits with the ability to adapt to contending demands and solid ability to conform to shifting priorities and timelines through analytical and trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Ability to deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication with strong experience presenting, both written and oral, to technical and non-technical staff.
- Willingness to continue professional development in order to keep abreast of new technologies, methods and industry best practices
- Travel is not a key part of this role. However, for project troubleshooting and stakeholder management, it is possible this role will occasionally need to travel.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers