- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Head of Service Centre - Shared Services Technology
Head of Service Centre - Shared Services TechnologyEmployment Experience
We recognise the importance of making Schroders an employer of choice. We ensure that our employees understand our strategic aims and objectives and are clear about their role in achieving them, and have policies and practices that make Schroders a desirable place to work. We encourage employees to act ethically and be aware of the wider community.
Our global reach and diverse product range means we are able to offer an exciting range of career opportunities both in the UK and abroad. Schroders is a dynamic organisation that prides itself on innovation and specialisation and encourages innovative and entrepreneurial individuals to deliver leading edge solutions to our clients.
We seek to ensure that our workforce reflects, as far as practicable, the diversity of the many communities in which we operate. At Schroders we also recognise the diverse needs of our employees in managing the responsibilities of their work and personal lives. We believe that achieving an effective balance in these areas is beneficial to both the Company and the individual and look to offer a flexible approach to determine when, where and how work can be done.
Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure Technology for Schroders. We have representative support personnel in most global offices, but the bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. We have gone through a major transformation in the past 24 months with many new technologies, team members & leadership structure.
Overview of role
Schroders is a global company undergoing multiple technology transformations. It takes a considerable amount of coordination to maintain a high level of change, but simultaneously maintain operational stability. This is a newly created role and we are looking for someone who can head up our operational capabilities globally. You will have the opportunity to help build the new Service Desk offering for Schroders (based in Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham and Kuala Lumpur) and we are looking for previous experience in setting up Service Centres/Operational Teams. This role will work closely with our engineering, architectural & change teams, but also our business stakeholders. You will be a key member of the Global Infrastructure Management team and will run a team based in the UK and matrix-managed globally. We have state of the art tools and need to use this data to drive decisions & technology direction. This is an exciting role within a newly formed management team. This role will help shape from the ground-up our operational direction with heavy focus on automation, response times & customer-service. The successful candidate will have a large amount of drive & energy, and be focused on making operations a dynamic part of our technology offering.
• Manage the BAU/RTB Operational team based in the Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham and matrix manage the KL team.
• Be a key member of the Global Shared Services Management Team
• Manage & Develop the global support models
• Strategic Vendor Management, SLA adherence & resolutions
• Maintain high levels of uptime across our global estate
• Work closely with the engineering teams in all locations
• Train staff, set strategies & continuously improve the customer experience
• Architect & operate the NOC, SOC & Service Desk functions
• Design & manage rotas & staff shift patterns
• Drive metrics, set SLA's and work with senior stakeholders.
• Define OLA's, KPI's & drive capacity management
• Integrate Operations into the IDLC ensuring AIS adherence.
• Have an understanding of Agile & Shared Services methodologies (can be taught)
• Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
• Background of working in a regulated industry
• Experienced in datacenter, server & storage technologies
• Experienced in large network technologies
• Experienced in automation & metric-driven operations
• Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring performance & capacity
• Knowledge of ITIL & DevOps best practices
• Capable of Service Design
• Financial management knowledge useful
• Knowledge of platforms technologies
• Experience in using ITSM tools such as ServiceNow
• Knowledge of network virtualization
• Understand Microsoft Lync, TEAMS & technology eco-system
• Knowledge of IP routing & routing protocols.
• Inspiring personality, capable of bringing a brand new function to life
• Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure
• A good communicator, and able to bring teams on a journey of globalising.
• Someone who never accepts the status-quo. Someone who challenges why things are done the way they are.
• Someone who is capable of 'green-field' thinking. Capable of imaging how the global operations could look, and capable of creating a strategy to get us there.
• Work well with others, in a collaborative environment
• Be a global leader, provide clear direction and mentor the more junior staff.