Head of Product Management
- £Exc + Bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 15 Jan 19
A newly created position has arisen within this highly regarded Investment business for a senior Product professional to manage a small product team and support the Global Head of Product with the strategic development of the Product function.
Role & responsibilities:
- Assist in the strategic development of the business through recommending enhancements to existing funds with a view to enhancing the profitability and competitiveness of the business.
- Responsibility for taking product management initiatives through the product development process ensuring the appropriate governance approvals are obtained. All product proposals must fairly represent the client’s interest to ensure that all prospective and ongoing clients are treated fairly.
- Take the lead or work with other team members on implementing product management initiatives within budget to agreed timescales.
- Management of the existing fund range to ensure that funds are kept up to date meeting the needs of their key strategic markets, adhere to all regulatory requirements and continue to deliver the intended solution to clients.
- Act as the product manager for the existing funds, being the first point of contact for knowledge and expertise on the funds.
- Enhance the firm’s product development process.
- Support the objectives of the firm’s Global Product Committee.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have a demonstrable track record of working within a Product function of an Asset Manager.
- Product Development experience required. Alternatives experience will be a differentiator but is not essential.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of pooled funds required.
- An in-depth understanding of the current regulatory issues around the globe is a plus.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead teams to successfully deliver tasks and meet deadlines.
- To be proactive and demonstrate tenacity in effectively supporting the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.