Head of Product - Business
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 24 Apr 19
Head of Product - Business
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
iwoca is entering a new phase of development and we need a Head of Product to ensure the tools our team use help us become the best small-business lender in the world. You will be responsible for leading the teams who develop the operational tools we need to scale iwoca.
Our Business product team is a new structure at iwoca and is made up of the following cross-functional build teams:
● CRM -responsible for improvingthe systems that enable us to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, all the way from sales through to collection
● Fintech - ensure we have the right systems in place to access reliable information on our loans, operating costs and the ability to forecast financial information
● Fraud & KYC - ensure we're using the best tools to support our commitment to protect our customers and ourselves from financial loss and criminal activity
● Risk & Underwriting - responsible for the technology that enables our risk assessments and our shift toward increasing automation and hybrid decision-making
● Internal reporting - responsible for building the tools that allow for dynamic reporting and analysis of the iwoca's performance to support decision-making across the business
These functions make up the engine that allows iwoca to deliver our exceptional service to our growing base of customers.
You will work closely with relevant C-levels and their team captains to understand and prioritise the changing business needs. You will own the product road map and define the full lifecycle of our operational tools from idea generation, to technical development, to launch & iterate. You will also be expected to work closely with the broader product team to identify dependencies or synergies that could impact what gets built and why. The role will report directly to the co-founders, Christoph Rieche and James Dear.
This role is part of a growing product function at iwoca, so you will be able to roll up your sleeves and work closely with tech and the business to ensure we keep building great tools for years to come. While you will be enthusiastic about taking on operational responsibility for at least one of the build teams, you'll also be excited about managing Product Managers within the business product team.
What you'll bring:
● 5+ years of product management experience, ideally including team management experience
● Tech savviness: Even if you don't write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
● Prior experience with operational and financial workflows or internal/back-office tools
● Collaborative style that is focused on aligning stakeholders and finding solutions
● Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills
● Highly organized with attention to detail
● Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we're right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days - all made easy with video conferencing and slack