- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Full Stack C# Technical Lead - React.js
Full Stack C# Technical Lead - React.jsCompany Overview:
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Schroders provides industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
*as at 30 June 2017
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Distribution Technology creates and supports the applications used by our Sales and Client Servicing teams. Our technology footprint includes applications and systems, split between vendor and in-house developed, all designed with the common objective of being digitally and data driven. Not only do we rapidly respond to the demands of the external environment and those of our Sales and Client Service teams, the Distribution Technology team is strategically positioned to deliver innovative solutions.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Principal Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Principal Analyst Developer's core contribution will be leading software development and engineering tasks, they also significantly contribute and analysis and testing activities. Principal Analyst Developers are innovative and passionate software developers who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
- Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills and experiences
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Committing to developing the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
General and Technical Skills:
- Good system analysis and design skills, with knowledge of approaches such as Domain Driven Design.
- A strong preference for test driven development, and automated acceptance / integration tests and good understanding of test frameworks, mocking tools, etc.
- A good understanding of system architecture approaches, such as REST/ WebApi, messaging, micro-service / service-oriented architectural approaches, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Passionate about delivering technical solutions, mastering and innovating best practice in software development
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
- A demonstrable understanding of financial services terminology, processes and associated client lifecycle activities would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Extensive knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.