Front Office Quantitative Analyst (Performance)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 15 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187074BR
Can you understand and communicate the drivers of performance across a diverse range of multi asset portfolios? Do you want to bring risk and performance information together to discover the most effective investment strategies? Are you up for the challenge of making a new performance measurement system deliver to its full potential?
We are looking someone like that to:
• Analyse performance in multi asset portfolios, and communicate results to portfolio managers and investment specialists.
• Become an expert user of our new performance analytics system.
• Understand the multi asset investment process and interpret performance information in relevant terms such as asset allocation, security selection, and individual strategies or trades.
• Work closely with risk managers in the Analytics team to develop measures and reports to bring together risk and performance information in a meaningful way. This will involve gaining an understanding of our in-house risk system and opens the opportunity to be involved in front office risk management as well as performance analysis.
• Present complex information in a clear and understandable form.
Investment Solutions is responsible for the management of multi-asset and currency portfolios and is a solution provider for institutional and private clients. We are looking to hire a team member to strengthen our Investment Analytics team. The team is responsible for analysing performance and risk, and communicating results to portfolio managers, investment specialists and clients. It is part of the wider Analytics and Modelling group, which develops, runs and maintains the in-house risk system, and provides quantitative analytics and modelling input into the investment process.
• Degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Finance, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Econometrics). A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CFA, FRM, PRM) would be a plus.
• At least 2 years of work experience in asset management performance measurement and a broad understanding of performance measurement concepts.
• Very good IT skills (Excel, databases, Tableau, programming languages such as MATLAB, Python or similar)
• Knowledge of financial products and risk management
• able to work broadly within a large, complex, matrixed organization (you know the value of sharing information)
• a great communicator, able to actively collaborate within a highly skilled team
• keen to take the initiative with innovative solution-oriented thinking that has an impact
• fluent in English, other languages beneficial
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.