Fixed Income Portfolio Risk & Performance Attribution Analyst / SME
- Basic upto c£80k, + bonus + benefits.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Search
- 22 Mar 19
Superb career opportunity as a subject matter expert for sophisticated fixed income risk management and portfolio performance analysis solutions. Increase your analytical knowledge & experience, and diversify your day with a wider variety of responsibilities, challenges and more client interaction.
Our client is a global financial technology (FinTech) provider of front & middle office solutions for Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds, looking for a fixed income risk and performance analytics expert to join their growing multi-asset solutions team.
Working with an award winning analytics platform, this is a client facing role engaging with customers to help them manage their portfolio risk and increase their efficiency for fixed income risk and return attribution through effective use of the platform. In partnership with clients to support their use of the analytics platform, you'll ensure its integrated as best as possible into their investment process, solve analytical problems that arise and optimise their efficiency using the risk and performance tools (i.e. risk reporting, VaR and tracking error analysis, return attribution, stress testing, portfolio hedging and optimisation etc).
Besides this being a varied client engagement role in an enterprising environment that will test your fixed income risk expertise, and give you a lot of exposure to many investment institutions, there is ample opportunity for career growth in a variety of roles depending on your personal interests.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in fixed income risk management and portfolio performance analysis, with the ability to explain risk and return attribution models. It would be even better if your fixed income experience included the use of derivatives i.e. credit & interest rate swaps etc (not a pre-requisite though, and in such a case you'll have ample learning opportunity).
- Your Fixed Income expertise, intelligence and personality are most important so our client is open to a variety of career experiences such as at an Asset Manager or Hedge Fund in a Risk Analyst, Performance Analyst, Fixed Income Analyst, Portfolio Analyst, Derivative Pricing / Credit Trading type role, or at a technology company or consultancy.
- Experience with any of the following example risk management solutions or similar would be an advantage: Point, UBS Delta, Yieldbook, MSCI, BondEdge, Factset, Bloomberg Portfolio & Risk Analytics or similar etc.
- A creative approach and ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way
- Excellent data analysis skills
- This is client facing role, so must be customer focused and comfortable in such an environment with excellent written and verbal communication, besides having a consultative problem solving approach.
Excellent career opportunity with well respected global company, offering the chance for a risk / portfolio analysis practitioner to bring to further build their knowledge & experience, in order to consult with best of breed risk solutions in a varied and client facing role.
Keywords: portfolio analysis, risk management, risk analyst, risk analysis, performance attribution, performance analyst, VaR, derivative valuation, derivative pricing, fixed income, credit derivatives, asset managers, buy side, asset management, fund management, hedge fund.