Fixed Income Investment Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Mar 19
Our client a global asset manager based in the City are looking for an experienced Fixed Income Product Specialist to join their growing Fixed Income team in London. Reporting directly to the head of the team this role will involve a combination of institutional business development, investment strategy, product strategy and thought leadership.
- Responsibility for the Fixed Income institutional business development and product management
- Represent our client's Fixed Income franchise in building relationships with investment consultants, as well as established and prospective institutional clients, with coverage across Fixed Income product types.
- It is expected the individual would split their effort between pursuing business opportunities and client services by approximately 70/30 respectively
- In terms of client services, the individual would be responsible for client updates across various FI disciplines, taking a lead role in acting as client portfolio manager on key segregated accounts, attending trustee meetings for updates on investments in pooled vehicles and signing-off core marketing and reporting material
- In driving business growth, the individual would be expected to work closely with portfolio managers and investment specialists in shaping the Fixed Income investment message, identifying product demand trends and areas of focus
- The individual would be expected to offer thought leadership, develop white papers on thematic issues affecting institutional clients
- The individual is expected to have exceptional technical knowledge of Fixed Income markets and instruments, portfolio construction and solution engineering
- The individual is expected to be a self-starter, with ability to generate materials and analysis with limited support. Relationship building is essential, as are strong communication skills, across written and presentational formats.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Extensive experience of asset management and a knowledge of fixed income instruments and the associated skills used by portfolio managers and research analysts
- Key knowledge of the institutional business and has established a credible network in this space
- Strong writing skills (fluent English is a requirement)
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Capable of delivering within tight deadlines
- A team player with good attention to detail