Enterprise Solutions Product Manager, Financials
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Enterprise Solutions Product Manager, Financials
As Enterprise Solutions Product Manager for Financials, you will advance the overall offering of these unique datasets. You will be responsible for addressing client needs, and help drive revenue and innovation across the Enterprise. You will develop these organizational objectives by working directly with Clients, Sales, Content Management and Information Technology to ensure alignment and execution. By working across the Enterprise you will establish key themes that will build upon and produce high quality and consistent data that serve an array of customers.
While your core responsibilities will focus on the above, as you will work as member of the Financial Product Management Team and New Business Development, you will also be involved in working to enhance our existing DMS business as well expanding our offering by bringing on new content and broadening our delivery capabilities. This will involve taking market feedback to generate enhancement requirements and working with the team to execute on various development and enhancement initiatives. For this role, this will be a secondary focus, but still a valuable and imporant aspect of this role.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Financials product offering and its enablement to all Enterprise products (Daily Feeds, API, Desktop).
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, the competition and articulate the value proposition of our products.
- Create a strategic Financials roadmap that will include an end-to-end process, and demonstrate how it will support client needs within the capital markets and beyond.
- Look to create third party channel partnerships to further expand the product to additional client and user types.
- Build relationships across senior management and key stakeholders to gain buy in and support for additional product and content initiatives for Financials.
- Own and manage the business requirements for all existing product processes and new ideas that will start in the future.
- Collaborate and engage actively across all S&P Market Intelligence divisions to align product priorities and synergies where appropriate.
- Participate in regular product and dataset reviews to fully engage other groups around the offering.
- Creation of metrics to demonstrate progress and business benefits of the product offering.
- Create and maintain strategic road maps for new and existing content within the Financials offering and work collaboratively with the additional business and product teams across S&P Market Intelligence to identify new or expanded content and analytics.
- Execute technology initiatives with the IT organization by providing functional requirements and data analysis.
- Conduct regular training sessions with sales team and provide relevant updates during new product releases.
• In-depth knowledge of the financial industry and competitive landscape as well as an understanding of corporate transactions and public ownership.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies, and successfully leading product management functions.
• Strong organizational management, business case development, and able to work across business teams to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with advanced/predictive analytics, and data-centric technologies desired.
• Knowledge and experience working with structured data and data repositories used for data mining and innovation analysis
• Demonstrate management and leadership experience
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of product quality and data management
- At least 5-7 years of product management experience including enterprise-wide data initiatives and working with datasets in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to work with and motivate global teams in a diverse and complex organization to deliver quality results on time.
- Demonstrable experience resolving complex operational problems requiring strategic and innovative solutions.
- Extensive experience developing financial market data services products from concept to commercialization.
- Client facing experience a must.
- Exceptional ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment utilizing effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels within an organization.
- A highly motivated self-starter; ability to work independently and creatively as well as within a team.
- Excellent networking skills are required in order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the markets S&P Global Market Intelligence serves.