Director - Origination (Restructuring) - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
Director - Origination (Restructuring) - London
Origination Director (Restructuring, TAS)
In the UK, EY's Transaction Advisory Services is one of the leading advisors in the corporate finance space. Within that, our Restructuring team are growing at pace and have established a market leading practice in advising on large and complex distressed situations. The London Restructuring team is seeking an experienced Director to take on a key leadership role in distressed transaction origination. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a track record of revenue generation in a professional services environment.
The EY UK Restructuring team has an established origination function which currently operates with a team of c.8 people both on shore and offshore. This team uses technology and external resources to scan the market and identify distressed opportunities across all sectors. There is an established process for screening names, analysing financial data and working up an EY "point of view" which is captured in a watch list as well as more detailed company analysis to support our go to market activities. This functions has historically been led by professionals from within the team, however there is now a need to appoint a full time senior resource to lead and continue to build out this function.
Your key responsibilities
- Oversee the origination hub team (c.8 people on shore and offshore) to deliver analysis, research and outputs to support market conversations and pitches
- Develop strong internal relations with sector teams and departments to maximize firm-wide success and connectivity on potential situations
- Initiate new ideas, campaigns and initiatives to ensure the team is enabled to have leading market conversations on all large restructuring situations
- Engage in marketing activities with existing and new potential clients and manage deal pipeline
- Maintain the high standards expected of the EY brand
- Mentor, lead and develop team (both onshore and offshore)
- Business Development - take a lead in business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Project Management - be part of the project teams comprising colleagues from our restructuring and origination practices
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to really help add value
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Approximately 10 years of experience in a professional services or banking environment
- Understanding of debt markets, and UK insolvency regime
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills with attention to detail
- Proven track record in business development and deal origination
- Strong team orientation and ability to lead, train and mentor juniors
- Gravitas to operate at C-suite level both internally and with clients in the market
- Self-driven with ability to work independently
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within Restructuring.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.