We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Derivative Services is a central team within Investment. Derivative Services is organised in to seven teams, OTC Trade Support, OTC Cleared, OTC Settlements, OTC Collateral, OTC Confirmations, ETD and CFD. We have derivative teams in both Singapore and New York, all reporting into the Global Head of Derivative Services based in London. The OTC Cleared team is made up of 3 people, all supportive of each other, bringing different experience and qualities.
What you'll do
• Providing a full and dedicated post execution operational support to all Fund Managers and internal teams.
• Performing cash, position and trade reconciliations on a daily basis.
• Investigating and resolving all breaks with our clearers, custodians and third party administrators.
• Monitoring and processing of all trade events.
• Management of daily margin processes.
• Liaising with fund administrators, ensuring they've received the correct information and answering all adhoc queries.
• Prioritising the workload and working effectively towards deadlines.
• Establishing close working relationships with other operational areas, the Fund Managers Assistants, Dealers and all external parties, liaising on matters relating to day-to-day operations.
• Report on and escalate unresolved discrepancies falling outside agreed services standards.
• Supporting and training junior members of the team
• Working with the team to improve existing processes, implement change, minimise and reduce operational risk.
• Ensuring that procedures and controls are updated in a timely manner, deadlines are met and that, when required, issues are escalated to senior management.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Extensive OTC derivative knowledge and experience
• Proficient on Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good understanding of operational risks
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience on the Aladdin system would be beneficial but not a requirement.
What you'll be like
• The role is organised within a well-established framework. However, the role holder, is expected to play an active part in improving day-to-day procedures and how the work is to be tackled.
• Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events for a day ahead.
• Is required to make routine judgments in situations that are understood and uncontentious. Expected to seek assistance for anything complex or out of the ordinary.
• Supportive of team members with a willingness to share your knowledge
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.