- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 17 Jan 19
We require a motivated and committed individual to act as overall defect manager for the Murex program. This individual will manage the books of defects across all workstreams within the Murex program. The successful individual will not just be a 'clipboard person'; they will be able to quickly understand the context and nature of the defects they are managing, and thus be able to add significant value in the daily calls, by being able to effectively and constructively challenge the teams as to timelines, next actions, and where necessary suggest more effective alternative approaches.
You will be expected to:
• Hold daily calls with all analysis and development teams, including vendor teams, to manage priorities across the program and drive delivery for the prioritised items
• Ensure that the necessary information for triage is present in reported defects
• Work directly with the stream leads to ensure that their priorities are accurately reflected
• Work with all dev teams to understand the challenges they are facing and help unblock where possible
• Provide clear and crisp regular status updates to all test leads, feature team leads and program management
• Manage the hygiene of the defect data in QC and/or JIRA as required. Including but not limited to:
o Status of all defects is correct
o Target fix dates, retest dates are correct
o Root cause is correct (so distinguish between genuine defect requiring code fix, and problem due to environment error or static data problem)
• Ensure that the status reporting of all test phases includes accurate status on outstanding defects, and challenge IT PMs where necessary to ensure their plans realistically reflect the necessity of closing all critical and high outstanding defects prior to release
• Deliver continuous improvement of the defect management process over time, making it more efficient
• Be credible and able to hold their own in technical and functional conversations with senior analysts and developers.
• Remain calm and professional under pressure
You'll be working in the Murex Team in London which is migrating UBS's rates, credit and FX businesses onto Murex from the various legacy systems on which they currently run. Our role is to evolve the Murex platform to meet the immediate and future needs of the UBS FRC business. We are a talented, mature and supportive global team, based in Switzerland, UK, US and APAC with a mixed UBS/vendor outsource model. The team is a complete functional delivery team consisting of developers, business analysts, testers; SMEs, project managers, IT architects and QA.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?