Builders with a vision and a passion for solving real world problems. That’s the best way to describe our team at Stable. Our researchers estimate that price risk for roughly 90% of commodities – like the food on our tables – cannot be hedged. In a world where volatility is more or less the norm, this represents a huge challenge. And at Stable, where we see a challenge, we also see an opportunity.
We have brought together experts in risk management, research, data science, technology, and commercial development who collaborate to design and implement innovative approaches for helping businesses around the world manage their commodity risk exposure. Does this sound like a problem you want to help solve? Keep reading.
Stable was founded in 2016 by our CEO, Richard Counsell, with a mission to help agrifood companies protect the value of their businesses against the physical price risk inherent to commodity markets. Today, decision makers from financial controllers to farmers rely on Stable to smooth their income and manage price volatility. Stable, named FIA Innovator of the Year in 2021, uses advanced technology to deliver price risk management solutions and liquidity into commodities where no futures markets exist.
In May 2022, we announced a $60m Series B funding round led by Acrew, as well as our friends at Notion, Greycroft, Continental Grain, Alumni Ventures, Syngenta, Gaingels and many others. Stable is currently rolling out across the US, with teams in NYC and Chicago together with offices in London, Singapore and Bermuda.
Stable is currently looking for 2 senior data analysts. This highly collaborative role will work closely with internal and external parties, business stakeholders, and our trading/quant team to support the delivery of data mining, data cleaning, OTC market pricing, market insight tools building, business intelligence analysis and data visualisations.
A successful candidate is someone who is passionate about commodity markets, data science and economics. At least 2 years of experience and knowledge in financial model development, financial derivatives and good coding skills to work under pressure are appreciated. This individual needs to be a team player equipped with good communications skills. They must thrive with cross-functional teams and exhibit excellent critical thinking and digital marketing skills.
The candidate will primarily work on one or more of the following tasks.
● Collaborate with the market research team to collect, mine, clean, sort and format market data via manual collection, APIs, scriptings and machine learning algorithms.
● Improve and optimize existing systems and infrastructures.
● Complete data testing and analytics on commodity prices.
● Expand Stable’s internal historical price data availability by researching outside of Stable’s index suite for suitable proxy data points.
● Develop and implement backend infrastructures to support the APIs and databases.
● Develop data tools for data visualisations, risk analytics, data management, deal optimisations and business intelligence dashboards.
● Assist with other duties/projects assigned by management as needed.
● At least 2 years of working experience in the finance space.
● Reporting, coding and analysing experiences across a variety of tools and languages
○ Familiarity with: Python (pandas), Excel and MongoDB,
○ Preferred, but not required, knowledge of: Django, DRF, Dash, Plotly, Spark, Flask and Java.
● Ability to effectively engage with business stakeholders and translate business requirements into high impact reports, data tools and visualizations.
● Knowledge of best practices in data visualization design and the presentation of information in order to enable business users to arrive at insights quickly and efficiently.
● Speaking a second language is a plus, for example: Mandarin, French or Spanish.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner.
● Demonstrated ability to Adjust communication based on the audience.
● Results-driven with a bias for action and commitment to excellence.
● Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
● Background succeeding in a fast-paced environments featuring constant change.
● Strong ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously.
● Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback; listens to and considers alternatives in order to consistentlyake informed decisions.
We put a premium on attracting and retaining the best talent. That’s why we reward our people with a world-class salary and a wealth of amazing benefits, including:
● company equity,
● paid family medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
● 25 days paid holiday annually in addition to federal holidays
● The opportunity to travel to our operations in NYC, Chicago, and the UK to work with the wider team.
● Work remote-first with office locations in NYC, Chicago, and the UK for those who want office access
EEO Statement (US based)
Stable values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.