Client Manager, UK Institutional
- £60,000 - £70,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 11 Mar 19
A leading global investment management organisation are looking to hire a Client Manager to join their UK client services team. This role will be an integral part of the sales support process, supporting client directors and acting as a senior point of contact for UK institutional clients.
- Develop and maintain exceptional level of relationship and sales support to clients on behalf of Client Director’s, acting as the first port of call for a client in their absence.
- Own and co-ordinate the successful resolution of client enquiries, liaising and utilising expertise from around the business.
- Provide high level technical support, demonstrating an understanding of a client’s decision making process and long term objectives. Be able to answer complex queries as well as identify business opportunities and threats.
- Identify and follow up on leads and sales opportunities with the intention of maximising revenue.
- You will become a mentor for one or more of your team. You will assist with their training and development and become an additional escalation point.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and signing off draft instructions for the team and your peers.
- Attending meetings and conference calls where required and take sole responsibility for audit and operational meetings when opportunities arise.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge in areas such as products, brand, services and competitors in the market.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the current investment market, economic issues and the businesses views, enabling you to discuss solutions with clients and consultants.
- Prepare meeting packs for client meetings and new business pitches.
- Maintain excellent working relationships around key business areas.
- Work with areas of expertise around the business to project manage ad-hoc queries, data requests and client change, through to completion in line with client expectations.
- Oversee and assist with the production of legal documentation, reports and client specific data relevant to the client’s investment strategy.
- Technical / Professional Qualifications - IMC
- Experience within the investment management industry including providing an exceptional level of client service and sales support
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Institutional client experience
- Strong overall Investment knowledge including an understanding of the different investment vehicle options
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of current investment market and economic issues