Business Development Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Expand Research, a company of the Boston Consulting Group
- 18 Mar 19
The Business Development Director is responsible for the sales effort for a portfolio of products, normally aligned to a Practice Area (e.g., Corporate/Investment Banking, Wealth & Asset Management, etc.) and is actively involved in the development and execution of business plans.
- Driving strategic insight, in order to anticipate market changes to lead and ensure product relevance
- Development of quarterly sales plans and fostering a strong team culture
- Nurturing deep client relationships with C-level executives
- Matching service offerings with client needs, influencing and negotiating with clients to create demand and stimulate revenue growth
- Presenting services and debriefing client reports
- Collaborating with colleagues to drive continual product innovation and development
Ideal skills and experience
- Experience of providing solutions to the UK retail banking industry
- Degree from a top university; Masters/MBA preferred
- 3-7 years of work experience in consultancy, research or data services with an emphasis on operations and technology within retail banking
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Pre-existing network within one or more of the following financial services areas: operations, technology, digital
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, and an understanding of retail banking processes and/or their supporting technology solutions
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with an interest in and aptitude for product development
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to drive strong team performance and support team members’ growth
- Meticulous attention to detail
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Only candidates that are authorised to work in the respective jurisdictions will be considered.
Expand Research is a company of the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and is headquartered in London with offices in New York and Singapore.
Founded in 2001, Expand Research is a specialist research firm that provides unique business intelligence and decision support services via benchmarking across the global financial services industry. Expand provides clients with actionable insight by linking comparative benchmarking and deep technical expertise to strategic implications.
Please visit www.expandresearch.com to learn more about our products and services.
Expand is an equal opportunities employer. We ensure that applicants are treated equally and fairly during the interview selection process and during their employment with Expand.