Business Analyst, Product Management (Charles River)
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Analyst, Product Management (Charles River)Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River Development was acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Background: The Business Analyst (BA) role is pivotal in helping drive product strategy, design and development to meet market demand. The BA will be responsible for synthesising market requirements and working with the development team to deliver on them. They will also work closely with Clients; gathering requirements, providing documentation to detail these including workflows etc, assisting the Pre-Sales team and providing the Implementation team with guidance on new features to ensure projects are successful .
- Working in a dynamic, fast paced (agile) environment, apply expertise in specific product areas to deliver a high quality product.
- Gather requirements for the products; Research, document and prioritise requirements.
- Interact with clients, presenting new features, gathering feedback.
- Partner with development to implement and refine features.
- Assist QA with feature validation.
- Partner with the documentation team to ensure accurate and complete product documentation .
- Provide client beta testing support.
- Assist implementation and support to resolve escalated client issues.
- Work with product manager in understanding the market needs.
- Prioritise and maintain the product backlog and items committed to forward roadmap by PM.
- Assist in sales situations as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- A BA/BS degree, essential ideally in a Technology or Financial discipline.
- Extensive experience in a similar role Investment Management, ideally within Product Management.
- Good, in-depth understanding for financial investment products across all asset classes.
- Understanding of investment management workflows highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and deal with the inevitable surprises that are part of a dynamic environment.