EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Business/Technical Consultant
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 17 Feb 18
Ambit Asset Finance is a front-to-back-office solution that provides a consolidated system approach so that businesses can effectively manage their products, partners and applications. The solution's end-to-end capability eliminates the need for companies to maintain multiple systems and provides users with a real-time view of data, enabling decisions based on accurate information, workflow automation for improved accuracy and resourcing, and configurable functionality so that companies can easily respond to market changes and compliance.
The Business Consultant will:
- Develop plugins for Ambit Asset Finance validations and interfaces
- Develop other non-core integration interfaces using our Application Integration Interface architecture
- Develop local customisations for websites, both for customers and strategic activities
- Develop scripts and other code artefacts for clients
- Develop data migration processes and scripts for client
- Develop, modify, and optimise Crystal reports for client requirements - not mandatory
- Provide problem-solving assistance for client technical problems (e.g. database, citrix, remote service, memory dumps, performance, timeouts, Web, IIS, etc)
- When none of the above apply, be available to augment the plant capacity by working on core system changes
- Evaluate and recommend development methods and perform software systems design.
- Write and modify software to meet specified functional and technical requirements.
- Provide input into the system architecture and technical direction.
- Conform to development processes, work instructions and standards.
- Produce development estimates and monitor actual effort against estimates.
- Remain up to date with new technologies and practices relevant to the organization.
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy them
- Identify gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spreadsheets
- Overseeing and providing recommendations for data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring that the solution process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle. This will include all aspects of the client's business from origination through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management, termination
- Training client staff
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- Professional communication with all levels of the organisation
- Relevant qualification and proven professional experience in software development, systems analysis, design and architecture.
- Specific experience developing client-server applications with Microsoft's .NET framework, using the language C# and Visual Studio 2010
- Specific experience required with ASP.Net MVC to enable for web development
- Significant experience with relational databases Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience working in a team where software development follows sound engineering practises: source control (Subversion); unit testing (NUnit); bug-tracking ( FogBugz).
- Competence in some or all of the following areas: Crystal Reports, and UML. Object Orientated development and technologies related to the Microsoft development environments.
- A high degree of numeracy and a capacity for complex concepts.
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 50%+), including Overseas travel.
- The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds:
- Relevant business experience in a financial software organisation
- Direct competitor such as IDS, CHP, etc implementing the respective solutions
- Ability to assess client needs and develop code to satisfy the business objectives and client's needs
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- English speaking essential, other languages an advantage.
- Independent worker who can operate with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on priority issues and make the required judgement calls and communicate these outcomes.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus in regard to our needs and client needs
- A working Technical Consultant - someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other Developers, Designers, and Consultants in a supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.