Associate Banker, Portfolio, Strategy & Analytics
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Associate Banker, Portfolio, Strategy & AnalyticsRequisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
Strategy & Analytics, Banking Portfolio
Posting End Date
Banking Portfolio Group works closely with Risk Management, Finance, Evaluation and other departments on a wide range of post-signing activities. Portfolio Strategy and Analytics (PSA) team is a key element of the Banking Portfolio Group and its role is to provide analytical and data support to Banking Portfolio bankers as well as any monitoring-related processes at large. PSA's goal is to use technology and data to improve efficiency of portfolio monitoring activities. The team is using a system to capture, digitise and report on client financials. In addition, the team prepares analyses and reports on the aggregated portfolio basis to aid and support monitoring activities for Banking Portfolio. The Associate in Portfolio Group contributes to Banking Portfolio's activities in overseeing the Bank's investment portfolio. They will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to them by more senior members of the project team or more senior bankers, and assist in undertaking post-signing portfolio surveillance and improving monitoring procedures. The Associate also oversees the work of Data Analysts (who are at Assistant Analyst level) and provides output quality control and analytical leadership with regards to reports design and production. Tasks also include, but are not limited to, research, data gathering and mining, financial modelling, credit and statistical analysis.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of more senior bankers and/ project team leader, the Associate will perform following tasks, among other things:
- Work with the team and contribute to the creation and maintenance of a consistent portfolio monitoring review process;
- Ensure compliance with established processes, policies and guidelines;
- Ensure timely delivery of summary client reports, aggregated portfolio reports, early warning signals, transition scores and other as agreed in the PSA processes and procedures;
- Contribute to the coordination of portfolio issues with Portfolio Associate Directors with respect to reporting, processes and portfolio analytics
- Supervise a team of Data Analysts (Assistant Analyst level) tasked with spreading client financials.
- Review financials post spreading.
Enhancement of Monitoring Procedures
- Supporting the Head of the team in implementing and enhancing operational processes, procedures and guidelines for monitoring the Banking portfolio under responsibility of the team
- Develop and maintain reports and data management tools to monitor portfolio movements and identify issues.
- Provide support in implementation of monitoring procedure changes and cooperate with other stakeholders
- Contribute to various working groups on behalf of Banking in relation to system and process development and enhancements, if required
Assessment of Distressed Credits
- Oversight and support of Data Analysts tasked with reviews of impaired projects, including (re)searching and collating internal documents and data, and drafting memos/putting together presentation materials
- Responsible for the review of all impaired projects in scope to be analysed including the production of an annual summary for the Corporate Recovery team.
The Associate may also assist with a number of ad-hoc tasks and work streams as they arise in relation to portfolio management. The responsibilities of the Associate are designed to allow the Associate to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Advanced quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Good understanding of key features of financial instruments
- Exposure to emerging markets, especially EBRD's countries of operation, is a plus
- Relevant experience in MDBs/DFIs is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Excel / Access (advanced formulae, macros, VBA) and experience in data mining (preferably using Cognos or similar tools), relational and multidimensional databases is preferable
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Analytics, Bank, Banking, Banker, Data Analyst, Finance, Management, Data