Asset and Wealth Management Regulatory Policy £45k-£55k
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 21 Mar 19
We are currently looking for a Senior Associate to join our Financial Services Risk and Regulation Centre of Excellence, part of our broad Financial Services Risk and Regulation (FSRR) practice. The role will provide an opportunity to develop your technical knowledge across a range of topics and your wider industry knowledge, to support a broad range of clients focusing on AWM. It offers a unique mix of client work, market profile activities, regulatory engagement and proposition incubation.
In the fast evolving world of financial services regulation, organisations need support and advice in how to deal with and manage regulatory change. This team works with our clients to provide high quality advice and assurance to the financial sector. We help clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change and make the necessary changes and adjustments to their business to manage this change. Where it is too late to prevent failure, we work with our clients to investigate the source of the problem, deal with the impacts and help to establish controls to support compliance going forward.
We act as the ‘engine room’ of our Financial Services Risk and Regulation practice, supporting client teams in areas of risk and regulatory expertise, often acting as deep subject matter specialists.
We track new developments that will affect our clients, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders including regulators in the UK, EU and supranationally. We focus on emerging trends in risk and regulation, seeking to develop early points of view and thought leadership. We take a forward-looking view to new risk and regulatory issues, develop a deep understanding of the potential implications and use these insights to engage with clients and our client teams.
Through these activities we develop the relationships, knowledge and skills to help clients with the important challenges they face. We work with other FSRR teams to support our clients, bringing a deep understanding of clients’ business and operational models, as well as the wider issues affecting their businesses and the industry.
Our team includes experts who cover asset and wealth management, banking and capital markets and insurance. The team includes risk, regulatory, legal and compliance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds including people from industry, auditors, lawyers, economists, industry bodies and policy makers and regulators.
Who we are looking for
As part of the FSRR, we have significant growth plans and are looking for ambitious and dedicated professional advisers to help us deliver on these plans. In line with our growth strategy and our long term plans in investing in financial services, we are seeking to supplement the existing team with new talent.
With the help of this new talent, our aim is to continue to build a team that is known in the market as the best in class risk and regulatory consulting practice, interacting with the major players in the UK, EU and global financial services industry and playing a key role in the services we offer to our clients.
Technical and client
• Supporting clients and client delivery teams with industry and technical expertise on AWM matters
• Building out your AWM regulatory knowledge, so that over time you can acting as subject matter expert (SME) on large and small engagements, often simultaneously, often amongst more senior colleagues
• Develop expertise in other agreed technical areas, to build knowledge
• Help to identify client and industry impacts of regulatory developments
• Provide perspective and context on regulatory developments and technical issues, contribute to development of thought leadership
• Jointly-manage regulatory tracking activity with colleagues as appropriate.
• Producing written analysis and information including client publications, marketing materials, website content, training materials, etc.
• Contributing to technical research, training, responses to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies etc.
• Providing input to the debate on development and application of policy.
• Help to maintain and develop relationships with key trade association and regulatory stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would have demonstrable experience in AWM, and be able to identify how risk and regulatory challenges will impact clients, as well as an awareness of the wider issues affecting this sector.
• Some technical grounding in AWM risk and regulatory issues. Suitable topics include funds structures, UCITS/AIFMD rules, FCA rules, the FCA market study (including value assessment), wealth management issues such as suitability and appropriateness, technology such as robo-advice.
• Knowledge of the sector, including the structures and operations of firms, the use of outsource and infrastructure providers
• Experience with FCA principles, rules and regulatory processes
• Excellent technical, delivery and communication skills
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Ability to make new contacts, build strong relationships with clients and regulators, listen to and understand client needs and interpret this into new opportunities to assist them