Analyst, ESG Model Development, Trucost
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Analyst, ESG Model Development, Trucost
The Role: Trucost, a leader in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data and risk analysis, part of S&P Global, is seeking an ESG Model Specialist to join our Data Strategy & Operations team, based in London. The role provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in the field of sustainable finance. The successful candidate will help to shape S&P Global's cutting-edge framework for measuring the ESG performance of companies, portfolios and investment products, and will be responsible for developing the proprietary models and datasets required to deliver this essential intelligence to our clients.
The Location: London, UK
What's in it for you?
- A high-impact role, with responsibility for key inputs to S&P Global's core ESG products & services.
- Build a career with a global company.
- Work with a diverse international team, incl. senior stakeholders across all four S&P Global divisions.
- As a high performing technical specialist, you will have access to S&P Global's vast array of technical trainings, and the opportunity to develop your expertise in an expanding team with global reach.
- Participate in technical workshops and cross-divisional strategy planning sessions to guide future innovation and the enhancement of S&P Global's ESG framework.
- Develop high-quality data models in Microsoft Excel, VBA, R, Python (or similar) to meet growing demand from our customers for more sophisticated ESG products and tools.
- Identify new datasets to inform broader ESG performance analytics, and support ongoing database management.
- Clearly communicate insights and complex technical approaches to clients and internal stakeholders, verbally and in writing (incl. detailed methodology report writing & graphical representation of data).
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to promote modelling best-practice, and ensure quality of deliverables.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel (and preferably VBA).
- Minimum of two years' professional experience working with large, complex datasets to support business and investment decision-making, incl. demonstrated ability in data quality control, source documentation, and synthesis of complex technical data to develop meaningful insights for clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, economics, engineering, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of A-level or equivalent in mathematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, incl. confidently presenting complex information to clients & other key stakeholders in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, "can do" attitude.
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient, with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse international team.
- Fluent written and spoken English (additional languages will be looked upon favorably).
- Good awareness of S&P Global's traditional business, and a view on how to integrate ESG into future product development.
- Master's degree in sustainability, or relevant work experience.
- Professional experience in sustainability research and/or ESG, incl. technical experience using and manipulating ESG datasets. Preferably with experience applying environmentally extended input-output (EEI-O) modelling and life-cycle assessment (LCA) to evaluate business ESG risks & opportunities.
- Education or professional experience in environmental economics, particularly monetary valuation of externalities.
- Strong awareness of trends in ESG to be able to build the next generation of best-in-class ESG data products.
- Programming languages, incl. R, Python (or similar).
- Other data software packages, incl. Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI (or similar).
Salary: Competitive & Bonus
Open Date: 2nd January 2019
Close Date: 2nd February 2019