Alcentra, Associate – Direct Lending
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 23 Mar 19
Alcentra, Associate – Direct Lending
Alcentra is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt with assets under management of approximately $30 billion. Alcentra employs 128 people, including 65 investment professionals. The firm has an investment track record that dates back to 1998 and strategies that include: senior loans, high yield bonds, direct lending, structured credit, stressed/distressed debt and multi-strategy credit. The investor base includes pension funds, insurance companies, banks and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is owned by BNY Mellon Asset Management and headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Düsseldorf, Boston and a local presence in Singapore.
Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.
Alcentra is one of the market leaders in European Direct Lending with circa €6bn Assets Under Management and has been active in the European middle market (companies with enterprise values of Euros 50-750 million) for over twelve years committing in excess of Euros 5 billion in more than 160 investments over that time.
Given the pace of current and expected growth in this area, Alcentra anticipates adding to its team of highly experienced investment professionals. Responsibilities of the investment professionals include sourcing, analysing, under-writing, and monitoring loans to mid-market companies.
Working closely with the team, you will be responsible for portfolio monitoring and investment analytics involving investments in the corporate lower middle market. You should bring the superior analytical, investing and communication skills needed to make an immediate and valuable contribution to the organization.
The successful candidate must be able to work with constituents within and outside the firm, and foster a team environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing own deal origination network in Spain.
- Maintaining relationships with Spain private equity firms.
- Representing Alcentra in trade conferences and events in Spain.
- Tracking and monitoring portfolio company results and preparing quarterly and annual valuations.
- Independently constructing company financial forecasts, valuation models and relative value assessments.
- Assisting in qualifying prospective investment opportunities and portfolio companies.
- Performing industry, company and financial due diligence.
- Financial structuring and preparation of term sheets.
- Preparation of investment memoranda.
- Assisting in deal and credit negotiations and closing requirements.
- In-depth company, industry and financial due diligence.
- Working on other analytical and special projects.
- Preparation of marketing materials including debt market updates.
- Working with finance team to support required reporting and financial filings.
- Have had exposure with a leading private debt / direct lending firm or Leverage Finance team with a Tier-1 Investment Bank.
- Experience working with Private Equity firms.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail and strong excel modelling skills, with relevant exposure to utilisation within credit analysis.
- Bachelor's degree from a leading University or Business School with strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal), or equivalent qualifiers.
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work with autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, whilst remaining a team player and contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment.
- A proven ability to work in a small and collaborative team.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and accounting.
- Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation.
- An interest in finance generally.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51660
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1818619