- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Horsham, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Statutory Reporting Manager - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Statutory Reporting Manager - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to lead our Statutory Reporting team. You'll have a keen eye (and enough knowledge of annual and interim statutory reporting) to spot any problems, and sort them out.
We need someone who can help develop team members. Take responsibility for ensuring the work gets done and done right. It's a chance to work on lots of projects, with lots of teams, and with several countries. You'll also need to be always thinking about how to do things better.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have the same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What you'll do
• Manage the review of financial statements and liaison with third party administrators
• Oversight of audit process and resolution of queries and audit findings
• Translation oversight for Luxembourg SICAV reports and accounts.
• Keeping abreast of industry and technical developments including analysis and application of regulatory updates e.g. annual SORP revision.
• Ensure all controls are adhered to and any exceptions are escalated in a timely manner.
• Assist with the design and implementation of any updates or enhancements to relevant processes/systems.
• Assist with associated Fund Accounting oversight processes within the team, commensurate with the skills outlined.
• Work with key stakeholders to make sure we meet their requirements and hit their deadlines
• Resolve all exceptions, issues and discrepancies
• Spot problems and triage them, making sure controls are adhered to and exceptions are escalated quickly
• Make the team more efficient by spotting weaknesses in our process, suggesting and implementing solutions
• Help design and implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems
• Maintain an up-to-date view of reporting requirements, including regulatory changes
• Contribute to the management information and key performance indicators senior management need
• Take part in reporting projects
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience working with statutory fund reporting. Know what IA SOPR or CSSF means
• Qualified/part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
• Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working on reporting implementation projects
• Knowledge of fund structures
What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problems
• Able to prioritise and manage activities for the benefit of the business
• Able to work under time pressure and handle a number of tasks at a time
• A really good communicator
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Real attention to detail
• Flexible: how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
• Focused on clients and delivery
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.