Python/Java Software Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 19
Python/Java Software Engineer
Asa member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first intocreating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You ' ll join an inspiring and curious team oftechnologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development,coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating highquality software and new products. You ' ll be tasked withkeeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what ' s being developed. Coming in with an understandingof the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agileframeworks-is key. And best of all, you ' ll be working with and sharing ideas, informationand innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The role requires and strong softwarefundamentals with the ideal candidate involved in all aspects of the RiskCentral build out. This includes writing internal and external APIs, writingcode that persists and aggregates data and building highly-scalable,mission-critical components servicing users across the globe. The successfulcandidate will be able to handle the full pipeline of the system, includingsourcing data from the front office systems, building and enhancing datapublishers, persisting and managing the landed data, and reporting results todownstream clients. In order to accomplish this, the developer will havefamiliarity of all technologies used in the project and have a basicunderstanding of all involved workflows.
Usingtechnologies like Python, Scala, Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark, part of the teamsremit is building a resilient high-capacity platform supporting the firm ' s business and regulatory agenda. On a typical day,end of day batches and real-time calculators feed billions of rows of data tothe system, part of a modern application stack to serve the needs of numerousvaried clients across the Investment Bank and Risk & Finance.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledgeof application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding ofarchitecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiencyin developmental toolsets
- Ability tocollaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm toaccomplish common goals
- Understanding ofsoftware skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance andsoftware improvement
- Ability to think analytically and quickly pick upnew technical concepts.
- Expertise in either any functional orobject-oriented programming language.
- Python, Java, or Scala preferred.
- Familiarity with databases and SQL.
- Ability to reason about and work with distributedsystems.
- Knowledge of risk and PNL reporting is desirablebut not required.
- Familiarity with Spark, Impala, Kafka, and otherHadoop technologies is a plus.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you ' re not just workingat a global financial institution. You ' re an integral partof one of the world ' s biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity,machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment intechnology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that willnot only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we ' re building a technology organization that thriveson diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, andoffer competitive benefits and compensation. If you ' re looking to build your career as part of a globaltechnology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people andcompanies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase &Co. is an equal opportunity employer.