Developer - C++
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Our group works on sales and trading systems. We deal with all infrastructure used by such trading systems like core order management frameworks & the order manager systems. We work across multiple asset classes including equity cash, listed derivatives, listed FX and Fixed Income securities. Besides core framework development we develop and deploy features and components for sales and trading desks across the globe.
Depending on your technical /functional experience and your exposure to the kind of complexity we are looking for, your role could to be either a senior or junior role but in a highly technical, hands-on capacity. The role will offer challenging opportunities to develop business knowledge and technical skills.
We are looking for technologists who are looking to build the best sales and trading systems in the world. This role is primarily focused on developing for the server side of the trading plant. We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on C++ developer who can quickly get accustomed to our frameworks and distributed environment. Exposure to trading systems would be preferable.
- C++ Programming: comfortable with templates, OOP, pointers, algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of multi-threading and asynchronous concepts. Experience working with complex frameworks and distributed environments.
- Preferably should be Unix/Linux leaning but candidates from a windows background who have worked on complex server side application code are also welcome. You should be aware of operating systems internals.
- Familiarity with full life-cycle software development in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Exposure to stl, roguewave, boost
- Experience with some scripting language like Python, Perl or Shell
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or any subject with strong Analytical and Programming components, from a top tier university.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2