Software Engineer AAH
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Feb 19
Software Engineer AAH
10 February 2019
£40,869 - £45,410
Job Description Summary
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank - with over 13 million active online customers.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
Could you have a key role to play in it?
Here's where you'll make a difference:
We are currently seeking a talented Aptitude Accounting Hub (AAH) Software Engineer with experience of developing within the AAH application for the Finance Value Stream. In this role you will be responsible for the technical design and development of the AAH application working from requirements through to implementation and support. By working independently or collaboratively relative to size, significance, scope and scale, you'll make recommendations and co-ordinate/oversee an efficient and effective delivery of the AAH software solutions to meet business goals.
Technology stack: Aptitude Accounting Hub Application, , PL/SQL, GIT, Jenkins, Urban Code
- Design and build complex technology solutions in AAH using best in class libraries and design principles
- Assist in design, estimation, planning and implementation of customer user stories requiring IT development
- Design and build AAH solution frameworks following best practices
- Interact with key stakeholders (Business and IT) to provide technical solutions to deliver business needs
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies including Dev Ops tooling and promote knowledge sharing
- Aptitude Accounting Hub application
- PL/SQL Skills
- Dev Ops tooling experience e.g. Jenkins, GIT, Urban Code
- Finance Ledger knowledge preferable
- Practical agile methodology experience will be beneficial
We all learn and develop with our experience but we know that having the right approach is the key to being successful. So whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are important to us we want people who are highly motivated, and enthusiastic with an inquisitive and curious approach to work.
Our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Pitting Customers First are at the heart of our ethos so a commitment to improvement, combined with adaptability, a love of learning, and a collaborative approach are crucial to us.
To support this excellent communication and interpersonal skill will be key.
So if you are the sort of person that has a real delivery focus and can make things happen you are the person we want.
So what can we offer you in return? A package that includes:
- Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time is of interest then we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.