Internal Audit Manager – National Markets (Birmingham)
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 19
KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS) practice within National Markets is an area of the firm with tremendous growth potential. IARCS is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Consulting practice. As a multi-disciplinary practice we deliver a comprehensive range of consulting services that our clients demand. IARCS provides services relating to Internal Audit, Internal Control review, advisory projects and risk management.
KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS) practice within National Markets is an area of the firm with tremendous growth potential. IARCS is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Consulting practice. As a multi-disciplinary practice we deliver a comprehensive range of consulting services that our clients demand. IARCS provides services relating to Internal Audit, Internal Control review, advisory projects and risk management. Clients are based in the private sector, in businesses from FTSE 50 to private equity backed and Owner Managed businesses. Our services deliver added value to clients through the use of modern risk management and audit techniques focusing on strategic, management and operational issues as well as financial.
We also work closely with other consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts, or other SMEs to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice and service.
Within IARCS, we have an opportunity for a Manager based in our Birmingham office. Whilst the role will be based in Birmingham, it will include travel across the Midlands; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently domestically (and internationally on occasions).
As a Manager in IARCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- Assurance mapping
- Creating annual internal audit plans for clients
- Providing internal audit services on both outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and /or a programme of internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Working with client’s in house internal audit function to supply specialist or additional resources were needed
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery, including implementation projects and ongoing SOX testing
- Process improvement projects
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Risk identification workshops and control reviews
- Delivering control and risk training
- Managing and reviewing internal control questionnaires
- Corporate governance reviews
- Contract compliance internal audits
- Assessing effectiveness of internal audit functions, audit committees and boards
- - Working with members of other KPMG advisory teams Secondments to clients to assist with specific projects
Roles & Responsibilities
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of clients, maintaining relationships with senior KPMG and client staff and is responsible for the financial performance and delivery of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, risk management, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG's internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involving other KPMG staff, managing their input to the client
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA Standards and KPMG methodology
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain internal audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to Partners / Directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Producing quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals Assisting partners in general business development
Other ad hoc responsibilities which may include:
- Counselling/appraisals of junior staff
- Forecasting and reporting on client engagements
- Managing Internal Audit and/or risk management engagements, preferably including experience of managing Global teams.
- SOX testing experience is preferable and experience of SOX implementation projects is beneficial.
- Experience of being the main client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level.
- Qualified (IIA, CCAB, ICAEW or equivalent).
- 2.1 degree