IT Solutions Analyst
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 24 Apr 19
IT Solutions Analyst
IT Solutions Analyst, Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of IT Solutions Analyst
The GCB5 IT Solution Analyst role sits within the CMB. The role is to investigate and define solution designs to meet business requirements across a range of Commercial Banking IT systems
Your responsibilities will include:
- Triage and investigation of new work requests.
- Definition of solution designs to meet business requirements.
- Accountability for ensuring the design of solutions follow Utilities design principles and architectural direction.
- Providing consultancy to business users and IT teams during project initiation and implementation.
- Analysing and defining appropriate IT solutions, working closely with product owners and IT architects.
- Ensuring technology solutions align with global software delivery and architecture principles.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Previous working experience within an IT operational or development environment.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication skills.
- Able to interact appropriately with other IT teams and business users of various technical skill levels.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Analytical skills. Refining and elaborating business needs and requirements into IT requirements
- Ability to work with multiple teams both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to adapt, learn and understand new technologies.
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a desirable track record of:
- Experience as a Systems Analyst or Solution Designer.
The base location for this role is Birmingham
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.