We are looking for a Senior Manager or Manager (f/m) – Life Insurance Actuarial Services / EMEIA Financial Services in
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promisesEY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our Financial Services Organization is the only Big 4 firm with functional and cross-country specialization in the financial services sector, we offer our customers all over the world seamless, consistent and high quality services.
Our Actuarial practice is part of the EMEIA Actuarial Services team. We have one of the largest actuarial teams in the world, with over 550 professional actuarial staff in the EMEIA region and 1100 globally. This large and dynamic team, coupled with fluidity between our four main service lines, provides our staff with great mobility across the globe and an ability to deliver multi-discipline solutions to our clients in different global locations.
As one of the leading actuarial consultancies in Switzerland we work with most of the largest financial services companies in the industry. We offer innovative actuarial solutions to current problems along with more traditional services to our clients allowing them to address complex, multidimensional financial challenges.
Tasks that you promote
- A unique opportunity to explore a wide range of solutions to our clients’ issues. This will enable you to showcase a wide breadth of skills and competencies, with many of these being focused around the key actuarial processes and techniques. The nature of consultancy promises a fast paced and engaging career. You will also have the opportunity to work with recognized insurance specialists around the globe involved in developing new ideas on current industry issues.
- Working on client assignments from day one with a supportive and highly competent team. By working with diverse organizations you will use analysis and modelling techniques to achieve a thorough understanding of business and technical issues enabling you to provide constructive advice and support to our clients.
- Assignments include both advisory and audit. You will lead traditional actuarial activities like reserving or financial reporting / audit as well as broader topics like mergers and acquisitions, analytics, risk and capital management as well as IFRS 17.
- You will be leading advisory and audit engagements and manage junior staff. Your skillset will grow rapidly through numerous training events and client facing engagements.
Your profile to succeed together
- Between 5 and 10 years of actuarial work experience in life (re)insurance areas such as audit, cash-flow modelling, solvency calculations, IFRS17 and/or data analytics.
- Strong academic record, ideally with a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or related
- Fluent in English and German, French is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are ready to demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader
- Team player with a flexible working style and who enjoys working with multi-national teams
- You are prepared to challenge us, to act on your own initiative and to make an impact on our teams and clients from day one
More opportunities for your development
This is an opportunity to become part of the EY insurance success story in Switzerland and across Europe. Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
We are looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR001B9. For further information please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered