Software Engineer Market Risk 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 24 Mar 19
In this role you will develop one of Zurich's key software solutions for the calculation of the market risk figures. Thereby support global and local investment decisions and providing the data basis for an important part of regulatory reporting duties. You will be part of a dedicated team of developers and data engineers who develop and operate a broad range of solutions for investment and risk management purposes. The team is part of the business to ensure a close collaboration with the users.
To complete our team, we are looking for you: As an excellent team player, you are excited about working in a diverse environment. You are a creative thinker who challenges conventional wisdom and helps us to further improve the way we generate value for Zurich. If you are passionate about what you do and have a positive can-do attitude, then we are your employer.
As a Software Engineer Market Risk your main responsibilities are:
- Further developing the Investment Management Market Risk Platform
- Implementing new functionalities, e.g. model changes, data loaders, scenarios, instruments
- Operating the platform; producing the market risk figures for the whole Group, including technical quality control; providing for the analytical basis (e.g. Asset Liability Management, Risk Management)
- Analysis and check of the generated results
- Collaborate with internal function and external stakeholders (risk system and data providers)
Your Skills and Experience
As a Software Engineer Market Risk your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University degree in areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Business Administration to Bachelor level, Masters is preferred
- Hands-on experience in agile software development life-cycle, i.e. design, implementation, testing, delivery, maintenance and operation
- Fluent in Java and SQL; additional experience with languages like Python is an advantage
- Interest in applying new programming approaches (e.g. Apache Spark, Cloud)
- Good understanding of financial instruments and their risk characteristics
- Team player and self-motivated
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.