Ownership of the consolidation ledgers
Monthly reconciliation of profit and loss reporting from trading systems versus accounting system.
Analyse, investigate and follow-up of: intercompany transactions, financial reporting and data produced by the upstream departments regarding transactions and balances that should be eliminated at consolidation level
Provide reliable management and financial information to divisional controller in Geneva, to assist them in managing the commercial activities of the Group and to meet external reporting requirements.
Maintaining and managing relationships with: controllers of subdivisions, accounting operations in the shared service centres, other A&C teams, tax department, Group consolidation team, upstream departments and commercial management in multiple jurisdictions
Maintaining, analysing and commenting on hedge accounting models
Analyse, investigate and follow-up of: transactions, financial reporting and data produced by the upstream departments regarding ledgers in scope (including accuracy of daily PnL and MtM)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Chartered or Public Accountant certification
- Knowledgeable and experience with financial and management accounting in multinational companies, including multi-GAAP and multi-currency
- Good understanding of IFRS in particular on the areas of: revenue recognition, inventories and derivatives
- Proven experience in application of new IFRS standards related to Leases and Revenue Recognition
- Proven experience in accounting and control functions in companies doing business globally. Experience in the commodities or mining business is a preference
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and work to several deadlines simultaneously
- Accuracy is essential
- Ability to use technology effectively, especially: multiple general ledgers systems (Peoplesoft, SUN, Navision), consolidation and reporting systems, BI-tools (Business Objects/Qlickview) and Excel.
- Experience in change and IT projects are required.
- Strong English skills both written and spoken
- Open for international mobility
- Trafigura, being dynamic and fast paced company, this position requires prompt and quick actions. This also demands being up to date, regular research, constantly challenging oneself, the processes and keeping up with the learning curve
- There is also a requirement of getting into details, performing several analysis and reconciliations
- Accountability is key
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Divisional and country controllers
- Deals desk, Operations, Treasury and Trade Finance
- Group and local tax teams
- Accounting operations
- Group accounting
- External auditors