Relationship Manager, Institutional Investor Group
- Location: Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The Institutional Investor Group (IIG) is the foundation of the Asset Servicing business at Northern Trust. IIG services clients in the UK, Ireland, Continental Europe, the Nordic region, Africa and the Middle East. It offers a comprehensive suite of services to Institutional Investors worldwide, covering products such as custody, investment products, accounting and performance measurement.
The role will focus on multinational clients that receive a broad range of services from Northern, to whom the successful candidate will act as the Relationship Manager, ensuring the smooth delivery of our services and the ongoing profitability of the relationship.
• Ownership of client growth, profitability, loyalty, satisfaction.
• Establish ties with key decision-makers.
• Develop understanding of the client’s strategic goals and identify ways in which we can help them achieve their objectives to our mutual benefit.
• Provide leadership for client driven product development requirements.
• Ensure client satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level.
• Establish and maintain relationship plans.
• Ensure coordination with the global relationship team.
Working within the Relationship Management team:
Sales and Profitability Management
• Develop, maintain and execute client coverage plans, ensuring effective engagement with all key stakeholders within client organisations.
• Maintain comprehensive understanding of key industry trends in order to facilitate strategic engagement with clients, developing a consultative and collaborative approach in helping them to navigate change in the investment and regulatory landscape.
• Ensure long-term profitability of client relationship.
• Cross-selling of additional products.
• Pricing of new and additional business opportunities for existing clients.
• Act as escalation point for the review and collection of fees.
• Identify, document and manage client related risk issues.
• Effective negotiation of contracts.
• Awareness of Product/Counterparty credit/Client credit risk.
• Ensure adherence and understanding of Northern Trust KYC/AML procedures.
Skills / Experience
• Ability to initiate and deliver change.
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous exposure to and comfort with dealing with client management.
• Highly articulate with good communication skills.
• Good networking contacts and abilities.
• Methodical, measured and thoughtful.
• Ability to present and motivate.
• Flexibility to travel as required.
• Proven ability to influence internally and externally at the highest level.
• Trilingual skills needed - The successful candidate will be fluent in German, French & English
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$8.2 trillion in assets under custody
$1.2 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets