Senior Project Manager - Public Sector Experience from SI
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson Singapore , EA Licence No: 18S9265
- 17 Apr 19
Public Sector Project Experience, System Integrator Industry, Applications and Agile
Senior Project Manager - Project Consulting Experience from the BIG4 or Systems Integrator Background with Public Sector Experience is a Must
My client is a very established and reputable System Integrator affiliated to the BIG4.
This is a permanent and individual contributor position, managing a few of the major public sector projects vertical.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of projects as measured by schedule, budget, customer satisfaction and deliverable quality performance measures. This role will actively support the sales teams across specific verticals especially the public sector and will be accountable for estimating, planning, mobilization, execution, and successful closure of projects.
During the project life-cycle, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and will issue and monitor financial performance according to in place agreements made between my client and their customer.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Manage issues and risks associated with the project, including balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and will manage aspects through formal change management mechanisms
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality outcomes
- Ensure accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Manage the change enablement process throughout project duration
- Manage client expectations, updates and buy-in, including representing my client at governance meetings
- Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
- Manage subcontractor staff assigned to the project.
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule
- Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively
- Engage and manage appropriate onshore, offshore, and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using my client's standard tools
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Good understanding of contract terms and interpretation
- Demonstrated understanding of key Project/Program Management disciplines (estimating, work planning, contract management, scope management, user acceptance, etc.)
- Experience in customer expectations management
- Demonstrated experience employing project management methods, tools, techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Good knowledge of Earned Value reporting
Other skills and knowledge:
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good client interface and presentation skills
- Good business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred, but not required
Preferred Education Background:
You likely have a Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field (or equivalent).
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 7 years of consulting project management experience.
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
4+ years of direct people management experience
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Thank you and look forward to your application soon.
Grace Tham Keng Fung
Employment Agency Licence No.: 18S9265
EA Registration No.: R1442448