Senior Associate, Group Financial Planning & Analytics, Group Finance
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Financial Planning & Analytics supports the Business decision making of the DBS Group through timely provision of relevant and accurate financial and management information; as well as insightful analysis of business profitability for generation of shareholder value. The team also provides support for Central Operations reporting; balance sheet reporting; alignment of MIS and statutory reporting basis; Return on Capital, Operational risk and RoRWA computation; business planning, budgeting and forecasting; and provision of advisory services to our businesses.
- Coordinate with Business/Support units to ensure timely and accurate provision of business information for Management presentations.
- Provide support for Central Operations reporting
- Prepare monthly flash and actual performance analysis and reports for the Central Operations
- Prepare forecast and budget for the Central Operations
- Participate and take a lead role from MIS perspective, in RWA projects, for enhanced performance measurement and disclosure, with a view to align regulatory and MIS reporting.
- Perform analysis for staff expenses and computation of bonus accruals for DBS Group
- Preparation of business unit performance based on economic profit and return on capital as part of the annual Compensation process for the Group
- Participate in MIS projects to improve MIS process/systems where required.
- Prepare Operational Risk RWA and return on risk weighted assets calculations.
The successful candidate should have strong accounting skills. The preferred candidate should have MIS reporting experience. The candidate must be a clear and confident communicator, and be able to work within a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Qualified Accountant with strong academic background.
- Experience required – At least 5 to 8 years post qualification experience preferably in MIS reporting in international banks or Banking audit in large accounting firms or other financial services firm.
- Strong MIS reporting skills.
- Strong financial accounting and product knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Experience with Hyperion tools and Essbase is a definite advantage .
- Have been involved in work on forecasting/budgeting and MIS reporting/analysis.
- Customer focused – consistently meets client needs within constraints of time and resources.
- Consistently delivers against targets.
- Able to solve problems effectively and creatively.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.