Principal Technical Consultant (Roles in both HK & SG)
- Permanent, Full time
- Page Executive. , EA Licence No: 98C5473
- 18 Feb 19
The principal technical consultant is responsible for implementing their highly customisable technology solution on site with the client. This person will have an outstanding technical background and have a strong understanding of modern database technology and exposure to finance systems. As a key part of the team this role will be a highly visible and essential part of the wider implementation team.
Our client is a market leading Software provider delivering specialist enterprise finance applications across Insurance, Banking and Telco. In line with continued outstanding business results, the company are expanding their footprint in Singapore and HK and are looking for candidates to join their business.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Gain full understanding of the project requirements with the capability to assess, report and recommend risk mitigation
- Perform highly customisable software product installations in complex enterprise environments
- Create database objects to represent business events
- Set up target definitions to match GL and warehouse requirements
- Set-up development, test and production environments
- Manage the process of migrating product related objects from one environment to another
- Undertake performance analysis and tuning of the processes and database objects
- Develop custom enrichment procedures if required
- Liaise with client DBA's on database / UNIX settings.
- Perform handover duties including the transfer of knowledge to client technical development and/or production support staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- An exceptional track record of senior / lead roles on large and complex enterprise wide implementations
- Experienced with the full project life cycle and the management of a technical team
- Proven experience within a consulting led environment
- Demonstrable experience in an application development role within a project team environment
- Experience in Trade Data Warehouses. Experience in Reporting Data Marts will be advantageously viewed
- Experience of designing Financial Systems/ General Ledger Projects within Financial Services
- Experience in General Ledger package configuration an advantage
- DBA/Database skills: Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server
- ETL, BI, SQL, Java, .net, XML, C#
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to build something meaningful whilst broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
The company has an industry leading benefits package and a very low rate of attrition.