- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 23 Mar 19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Portfolio Advisor to support the growth of the strategies of the distribution and sub-advisory businesses in Asia. This individual will primarily be focused on the marketing and training efforts with our distribution (sub-advisory and private wealth management) clients and serve as a portfolio manager proxy in our marketing campaigns and roadshows, with the primary objective of growing our business impact with our distribution and sub-advisory clients. The Portfolio Advisor will be part of the Global Relationship Group (GRG) and will work closely with the relationship managers and business developers to expand upon our overall efforts with our distribution and sub-advisory clients. This individual will also work closely with Investment Products & Services (IPS) on marketing strategy, investment content and messaging, competitive analysis, and client communications. The role will be based in Singapore.
The ideal candidate would:
- Possess in-depth investment knowledge and be an astute thinker about financial markets, perspectives and views, so as to act as an effective investment representative and portfolio advisor of the firm to prospects & clients
- Play a key role in our marketing efforts and roadshows by articulating our investment approaches, processes and complex portfolios to audiences across a wide range of asset classes, products, and strategies
- Develop and provide market outlook and portfolio specific content to our distribution clients, as well as respond to regular inquiries from clients on our investment views and process
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the distribution (sub-advisory and wealth management) landscape in South East Asia so as to contribute to the development of market strategy
- Perform market and portfolio analysis so as to differentiate and position our strategies relative to competitors
- Be a keen collaborator with other functional areas to address client issues, concerns, and opportunities in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the sub-advisory/distribution markets, ideally gained in a portfolio advisory or marketing content role
- Deep investment product experience and knowledge across asset classes, with emphasis on the equities and multi-asset space
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in SE Asia, with deep understanding of regional business practices, market landscape and culture.
- Have high energy, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be positioned as an investment spokesperson for the firm
- Fluency in English, with Mandarin language skills an added advantage
- Strong academic credentials, ideally a post-graduate and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CFA or equivalent)
- Willingness to travel frequently to support marketing activities in the region
Global Relationship Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .