- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions APAC
- 18 Apr 19
JobTitle: LINUX ADMIN
Requireshands on knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems and server technologies.
Shouldhave a basic knowledge of industry hardware types and interoperability.
Shouldhave a basic understanding of application software.
•Responsible for operational support and maintenance of located globally,running Solaris and Redhat Enterprise Linux. This includes server builds,monitoring, configuration and ongoing maintenance of servers.
•Responsible for ongoing vulnerability management by coordinating and deployingpatches and server rebuilds throughout the estate.
• Performsystem administration duties across the environment to provide support servicesfor customer
• Performsystem recoveries.
• Maintainserver availability for all sites and periodically participate in DR exercises.
• Participate in the development and implementation of UNIX related projects.
• Monitorservers and remediate alerts that get raised.
• RHEL6/7 • Solaris 10 • TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, LDAP, FTP, NTP, Samba
• Knowledgeof kickstart/jumpstart
• Securityand performance monitoring and analysis
• Virtualization(VMware and/or RHEV)
• HPOVtool suite
• Veritasproducts: VxVM, VxFS, VCS and VVR
• Experiencewith Puppet and shell scripting; Perl or python is a plus.
• Serverhardware (HP Proliant, Sun/Oracle)
• Conceptualknowledge of storage and networking components
• Experiencewith Windows Server is a plus
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100:CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies,transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digitalera. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision,build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in theU.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on Fortune 500 2017 and is consistently listedamong the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helpsclients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us onTwitter: Cognizant #LI - CTSAPAC