The primary responsibilities of this role include execution of financial controls performed locally and overseeing financial controls done by Shared Services teams overseas, managing tax related matters, support internal/external audits.
Our client is a global bank which has established many years with international offices around the world.
- Financial control: Exercising due control over local financial processes, including front to back reconciliations and preparation of manual journal entries to the ledger. Delivering a controlled month-end full set of Singapore branch financials into Group Finance Systems and perform balance sheet substantiation.
- Corporate tax: Liaising with Group Tax and local professional firms to prepare local corporate tax and GST returns. Maintaining all required supporting documentation.
- Regulatory reporting: Perform daily regulatory monitoring around Qualifying Liabilities, Book Limits, Capital Funds, etc. Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submissions of periodic regulatory returns. Collaborate with various stakeholders in the production and delivery of regulatory returns.
- Expense Management: Preparation of manual journal entries into the ledger for cost reporting, including the accounts payable process and cost tracking for the Branch. Analyse and present cost financials in an accurate and timely manner.
- Projects: Work closely with project teams locally and overseas. Participate in user acceptance testing and delivery of key projects or new business initiatives.
- Overall Risks and Controls: Review, evaluate and highlight potential financial controls, regulatory and/or tax risks
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in Finance, with at least 2 years on Financial Control and/or MAS Regulatory Reporting
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent with good communication skills
- Experienced in the use of reporting tools and software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficient in English and good interpersonal skills required for frequent liaison with overseas colleagues.
Good remuneration package and benefits in an international financial institution with excellent culture and team dynamics
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835